Traveling to St. Petersburg, Florida? Here are 20 free things to do in this growing city. St. Petersburg is ranked the 5th most popular city in the State of Florida and this vibrant town is full of life, energy, food, art, culture and music. St. Pete, FL is located on a peninsula between Tampa Bay and the Gulf Of Mexico, and it’s the second largest city in the Tampa Bay area.
I often get asked, “What is there to do in St. Pete that is free of charge”? Here is my answers.
1. Catch a morning sunrise over Tampa Bay.
3. Watch a local artist paint.
4. Go fishing by the Vinoy sea wall.
5. Take a picture by the popular St. Pete Banyan Tree.
6. Take a scroll through the Vinoy Park.
7. Toss a frisbee in the spaciousness of South Straub Park.
8. Check out the downtown view of St. Pete and TampaBay from The Canopy while enjoying some drinks and food.
9. Stop by Mazzaro Italian Market and shop their fresh selections while enjoying a nice espresso.
11. Relax and read a book by the downtown waterfront.
12. Visit the Chihuly Collection at the Vinoy Resort.
13. Have a picnic at the famous North Straub Park.
14. Relax, sit and listen to the waves and watch the sailboats from Demens Landing Park.
15. Take a walk through the two acre Gizella Kopsick Arboretum Park.
16. Stop and admire some of the art work around Central Avenue.
17. Watch as airplanes take off and land at Albert Whitted Airport.
18. Love art and vintage shops? Then walk through the 600 block in downtown St. Pete.
19. Photograph the Kapok Tree in front of the Museum of Fine Arts.
20. Take a drive down bustling Beach Drive.
If you are looking to visit St. Petersburg, Florida send me an email and I will guide you around the greatest little city in the world!!
For more information about the city, check out St. Pete
~ Safe Travels